The safety and well being of all fur kids, their parents, and our human pack members are top priority at Just Fur Kids Dog Daycare®. The following have been thoughtfully established to ensure that this is so at all times within our facility. We ask that all the rules be respected and we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Fur Kid Rules:
- Must be at least 16 weeks (4 months) of age to start daycare and must have all 3 of their requisite puppy vaccines (DAPP/DHPP), as well as rabies. Proof is required.
- Fur kids must also have external parasite (flea, tick, lice) protection all year round. Regular de-worming medication is recommended. Proof of medication is required.
- Fur kids must not have been ill with any communicable illness/condition in the past 30 days (infection, virus, etc). Vet certification that such condition has been cleared is required.
- Fur kids 6 months or older must be spayed/neutered in order to continue with daycare and proof is required.
- Fur kids must be certified to be in good general health to participate in daily activities including but not limited to outings, structured walks, treadmill work, and general play.
Fur Parent Responsibilities:
- Immediately bring to our attention at, or prior to check-in any new/changed circumstances that may affect your fur kid’s day (ie: upset tummy, sore paw, new allergy, etc.). You may be asked to keep them at home if it is something that will affect the pack or the day’s activities.
- Fur kids need to have their municipal dog license tag on their collar (unless the municipality you reside in does not require it). We are legally unable to take fur kids out for potty breaks and walks without their tags.
- Fur kid belongings may look alike. Ensure their leash, collar, boots, coats, etc are all labelled with their name for correct identification and return.
- Clearly label and provide applicable instruction for any midday snack and/or medication that is to be administered during the day.
- Ensure your fur kid is given the opportunity to pee and poop before arriving so they are comfortable when they join their furiends and not anxious about having an accident.
- The green space immediately surrounding the facility is shared with young children and NOT for pottying. The specific potty grass to use is that along 106th Avenue beyond the sidewalk. Please pick up if your fur kid poops outside. We have bags and a garbage just inside the lobby for your convenience.
- Let us know if your fur kid pees on the pavement areas of the parking lot or sidewalk so we can bring a bucket of water out to clean it up.
- Please do not let your fur kid mark- outside of the facility or in the lobby.
- Fur kids must be on leash when entering and exiting the facility, no exceptions no matter how well behaved. We are adjacent to a busy parking lot and a children’s learning centre. If using a flexi-leash, please ensure it is locked to the legal length of no more than 6ft.
- Parking for fur kid drop off/pick up must be in the spots marked for Just Fur Kids Dog Daycare® only. All spaces in the lot are reserved parking for neighbouring tenants and cannot be used for any duration of time and parking in the laneway is strictly prohibited. The lot is strictly enforced. Please refer to diagram on front door.
General Doghouse Rules:
- Daycare attendance is on a prepaid basis. We accept cash, debit, Visa and MasterCard.
- To check in with a prepaid pass, the uniquely coded key tag issued during purchase must be present for scanning. There is a nominal charge for lost/replacement key tags.
- Minimal attendance of two days per week is highly recommended to ensure the continuity of experience. Sporadic attendance is like being the new kid every time and is stressful to all, and not encouraged.
- Daycare reservation requests made via text, email, voicemail, and/or social media are only deemed booked when Just Fur Kids Dog Daycare® sends a confirmation reply. Requests made after business hours will not be responded to until the next business day.
- Please provide a minimum of 12 hour advance for daycare reservation cancellations as there is a set number of fur kids accepted each day. No shows or insufficient cancellation notices are subject to a fee.
- Just Fur Kids Dog Daycare® is a no bark, no bite, no bullying facility. We have no breed restrictions, but any fur kid who is consistently disruptive and/or unable to abide by the rules will be asked to leave the pack.
- Drop offs/pick ups are by the Primary Owner of the fur kid and/or authorized alternate only.
- To maintain the schedule and energy of the pack, drop off time is to be between 6:30 am and 9:00 am only.
- Pick up can be anytime after 3:00 pm and no later than 6:30 pm. If you are delayed, please call us beforehand. Late pick ups are subject to a fee.
- During drop off/pick up, fur parents are not permitted beyond the lobby area. You are invited to observe at the paw window, provided you do not tap the glass or otherwise attempt to get the attention of the fur kids inside.
- The rule of “no talk, no touch, no eye contact” is to be observed with all fur kids in the lobby during drop off/pick up in order to maintain our calm and balanced atmosphere.